Thursday 19 May 2016

Daughter Of Australia - Harmony Verna

Hi, and welcome to my first book review on the blog! 




I’ve just finished reading Daughter Of Australia, a debut novel by Harmony Verna.
I was given an uncorrected proof copy of the book to review through http://beautyandlace.net/
This book had me hooked from the first page. 
With a little girl left abandoned in the harsh conditions of desert Western Australia, my heart was immediately drawn to her. She becomes one of the main characters in this story, later named Leonora after the town she is taken to by Ghan, a man with vulnerability, tragedy and kindness etched deep in his soul. His role continues on throughout the story, and ties in beautifully toward the end.
The other main character is James, who befriends Leonora when she is sent to an orphanage where he resides, and their bond is strong from the get go.
Both are sent to different parts of the world to experience life with new families but years later, they are reunited in trying circumstances.
The descriptions of vivid landscapes and characters are written so well, and the story travels over the years comfortably.
I found myself thinking of the characters and the story when I wasn't reading the book throughout various parts of the day.
I finished the story within a few days (the book is over 450 pages).
I love the book cover of Daughter Of Australia. 
I’d definitely recommend this book as it is a beautiful Australian story that captures your attention and emotions long after the last page has been read. I look forward to reading more from Harmony Verna in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment; thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!