Empowering Resources is a company that specialise in publishing stories that nurture, educate, and empower children.
I was recently sent the books available in their range, and was impressed with the powerful messages in each story..
You're Different Jemima by Jedidah Morley
Jemima is loud, and she loves to dance and sing. But her classmates and teacher think that she is 'too different'. Then one day, a substitute teacher named Mrs Chuckles comes to teach Jemima's class, and she helps Jemima discover that her differences are what make her so special.
This picture book celebrates every child's individuality and makes them feel special about the differences they have to others.
(Read on to see how you can win your very own copy!)
A Secret Safe To Tell by Naomi Hunter
This story encourages children to share any confusing or hurtful feelings that they may be going through.
It centres around a young girl who has been mistreated by an older male. She is initially afraid to discuss her feelings with anyone, but eventually confides in someone she trusts, and she begins to heal.
Even Mummy Cries by Naomi Hunter
Even Mummy Cries is a great book to show children that parents also experience sadness and bad days, and it reassures the child that they aren't responsible for these moments. It reinforces unconditional love and gently explains that everyone goes through tough times.
Just Like Molly by Pippa Dowling
This is a very sweet story about a little girl who has an imaginary friend named Molly. They play together, and spend a lot of time together. But one day, Molly is nowhere to be found, and the little girl is devastated. But she soon discovers that there are other friends she can play with - all it takes is a bit of courage.
Running From The Tiger by Aleesah Darlison
When 11 year-old Ebony meets Teena, they become friends and over time, they learn how to trust each other with their darkest secrets. This story focuses on friendship and trust, with themes of domestic violence and courage entwined throughout, and demonstrates the importance of having somebody to confide in.
These titles are all available from http://www.empoweringresources.com.au/our-books/
And with thanks to Empowering Resources, I have 3 copies of You're Different Jemima to give away!!
Three different winners will each get a copy valued at $17 each, so get entering!
How can you win?
Firstly, you MUST be a follower of my blog (either by liking my Facebook page/twitter/Instagram, or following via email or bloglovin' - I don't mind which one you opt for but you must do at least one please), and
Answer in the comments section below:
Who would you like to share/read this book with, and why?
**Get creative, and please include your email with your answer so I can contact you if you're the lucky winner!**
Terms & Conditions:
1. This giveaway is open to residents of Australia only.
2. Giveaway closes on 13th March, 10 pm; winner will be contacted via email within 48 hours. Failure to receive a response from the winner will mean the prize is forfeited and a new winner will be chosen.
3. Winners will be selected on a basis of skill, not chance - the most creative and/or interesting answers deemed by the judge/s wins
4. The prize is not redeemable for cash.
5. In The Good Books Blog will not be responsible for any prize that goes missing through Australia Post.
6. This promotion is not associated or endorsed by Facebook.
7. Those who 'unlike' or 'unfollow' after the giveaway ends will be disqualified from entering future giveaways.
8. Total prize value is $51 plus postage.