Wednesday 9 February 2022

 Book Review: The Maid by Nita Prose
 
 
 

I received a copy of this book months before its release date and I hadn't heard much about it, so I wasn't quite sure what expect. Well, I must say that from the first page, I was hooked! To say I loved this book would be an understatement! 

The main character is 25 year-old Molly, who works as a maid at The Regency Grand Hotel, which is a 5 star establishment.
Molly is socially awkward and interprets things differently to those around her. She was raised by her beloved grandmother who always made sense of things for Molly, but since her grandmother's recent passing, Molly now resides alone in a rundown apartment block. She has no friends and enjoys jigsaw puzzles and ice-cream. She also loves having everything spotless and in order.

Molly takes pride in her job as a maid, and thoroughly loves what she does, and whilst many of her co-workers think she is weird, there are thankfully some that like her, including the doorman, Mr Preston.

One day when Molly is on her rounds cleaning various hotel suites, she enters the room of an infamous guest named Mr Black, and makes the gruesome discovery of finding him dead in bed. Before she can make sense of things, Molly is targeted as the prime suspect of the crime!

Molly needs to find a way out of this mess, but isn't sure who can she turn to. Who can she trust to help her? You will have to read it and see.

The Maid is a spectacular debut novel; highly engrossing and entertaining, and I adored Molly so much. Her 'voice' makes the story what it is, and I was cheering for her all the way and wanted to give her a cuddle so many times throughout the story. I highly recommend The Maid (and I was also thrilled to discover that this will be adapted to a movie as I look forward to seeing how the two compare).  

The Maid is available from Harper Collins Australia, RRP $29.99


1 comment:

  1. I also found it to be a delight, thanks for sharing your thoughts

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment; thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!