Wednesday 14 July 2021

 Book Review: 138 Dates by Rebekah Campbell 

 


 

I was recently given the opportunity to receive a copy of the newly released book 138 Dates by Rebekah Campbell, and although it isn't a genre that I usually go for, I agreed as it sounded interesting. I'm glad I did, as it's a pretty good read.

The book is a true story about businesswoman and entrepreneur Rebekah Campbell, and her journey to find love. 

The story is set in 2012, when Rebekah is aged 35. Outwardly, it appears that Rebekah has it all, including a successful company called Posse.com, and a popular blog. However, the truth is that she is very lonely. She hasn't been on a date in ten years, and she feels as though it is time to put herself out there in the hopes of fulfilling her dream of finding love and starting a family.

Using her business experience and knowledge, she applies these tactics to help find a man. What follows is a wild roller-coaster of the dating world! 138 dates with different men from Sydney, San Fransisco and New York, all whilst trying to launch a company!

Rebekah doesn't shy away from telling her story, and really keeps it real in the retelling of her experience. I am sure that there are many out there who can relate to the effort and pressure of dating.
I really enjoyed her honesty in sharing her dating experiences,  and her vulnerability was endearing.

I also liked finding out about her family (her mum certainly is a character!), and about her earlier years and first experience with love, which set the benchmark for her relationships. 

 138 Dates is well worth a read, and is available now through Allen & Unwin, RRP $29.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment; thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!