Saturday 3 February 2018

January Wrap Up - What I Read...

Sometimes, due to lack of time, I don't get to write reviews for each book I read, so I thought that this year, I'd try to keep note of what books I read each month, and then write a wrap up at the end of each month (or thereabouts).
With the kids home on school holidays, January was a fairly relaxed month for us, which allowed me to get a fair amount of reading done.
Here is a list of the books I read in January:

* The Stolen Marriage by Diane Chamberlain (review to come)

* This Is Now by Ciara Gerarghty
* The Middlesteins - Jami Attenberg
* The Life We Bury by Allen Askens
* Without Merit by Colleen Hoover
* The Last Days Of Us by Beck Nicholas (review to come)
* The Country Girl by Cathryn Hein (review to come)
* Every Note Played by Lisa Genova (review to come)

I really enjoyed The Life We Bury. I happened to come across it on my local library's list of e-books and downloaded it, and it was a great page-turner.
However, the stand out for me was Every Note Played. I love all of Lisa Genova's work, and her latest is a new favourite. It is such an emotional story, and I am still thinking about it even though I finished it a couple of days ago.

So, there you have it, that's what I read in January!
I'd love to hear from you; share what you read in January in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment; thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!